Sunday, May 29, 2011

kittens and cupcakes

Yesterday we had a cake auction to help the girls in our ward raise money for camp. I made a "painter's palette of decadent dark chocolate cupcakes with painted cream cheese frosting." I don't know how good they tasted but they were definitely the most colorful cupcakes I've made!
We also have been babysitting my friend Shae's kitten for the last few days. Her name is Sasha Fierce but I had to tell Shae that the kitty's private parts denote otherwise. Anyway he/she has been lots of fun to have around. We think he has narcolepsy because one second he's going crazy jumping up and down and then he's passed out. She's such a good snuggler when she finally settles down. The other day she got poo all over her foot and was very angry with me when I cleaned it off but a few minutes later was snuggling on my chest, she's very forgiving. She reinforced that we cannot get a kitten until I'm done with school because she is quite the distraction!

And some other random things from our life in Philly . . .

Our herb garden. The cilantro's a little out of control.
Purple fountain!
Chillin at the beach
This dog was the size of a bear, no joke. Her owner says she only eats three cups a day!
Ginormous brownie sunday from Bucca di Beppo. Next time I think we'll go for quality, not quantity.


2 comments:

  1. such a cute kitty! i love that you have an herb garden. i totally want to start growing one when we move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen the picture of you two at the beach is sooo cute!!!!! I am so happy for you and Daniel!!!!

    ReplyDelete