Wednesday, March 28, 2012

oregonia


So as some of you know, Daniel and I have decided to move to Portland after I graduate.  It's been an emotional roller coaster for the last several months trying to decide what we wanted our next steps to be, so it felt pretty good to finally make the decision.  I'm excited for the change, I have a tendency to get bored if I stay in one place for too long, but it's also really scary to think about all the changes that are going to be happening in the next few months. Part of me definitely isn't ready to leave Philadelphia, its one of my favorite places, but there are things about it that are really not so much fun (especially the things that come with living here with no money).  The scariest thing is most definitely the fact that Daniel is moving out there in two weeks to look for a job.  It hasn't quite hit me yet that we're going to be apart again - I had a good couple cries when it became a possibility but so far I'm just trying to enjoy our time together.  Living 2,883 miles away from each other is definitely something I am not looking forward to and something neither of us thought we'd have to go through . . . again. Hopefully school will keep me busy and I'm grateful I'll at least have Rocky to keep me company, but I know its going to be incredibly difficult.  Hopefully Daniel is able to find a job quickly so that we have one less thing to worry about.  As for now, we're trying to eat at as many yummy places as we can and enjoy our last little bit of the east coast. (For now, anyways. I know I'll be itching to get back someday!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment